No, absolutely not.
A Trintals credit report will not lower anyone's credit score. This is because when a consumer orders their own credit report, it is considered a soft inquiry.
A soft inquiry won't appear on your credit report and won't impact your credit score.
How Credit Inquiries Work
When an inquiry is made at a credit bureau to look at your credit report, that inquiry may get noted as part of your credit history. There are two types of inquiries– a hard inquiry and a soft inquiry.
- A hard inquiry occurs when a lender with whom you’ve applied for credit reviews your credit report as part of their decision-making process. This type of inquiry appears on your credit report and can influence your credit scores.
- A soft inquiry occurs in cases where you check your own credit and share it with a verified landlord so they can qualify you as a potential tenant. Soft inquiries do not appear on your credit report and do not impact your credit scores.
Your Privacy Matters
- Trintals will only share your credit information with the landlord you authorize.
- Trintals will only allow ID verified landlords to view tenant credit information.
- A landlord may only view tenant credit information for tenant qualification.
- You may revoke your authorization to share your credit information at any time.
- Sharing your credit information on Trintals will never impact your credit score.